Educating the Future Leaders of Tanzania
Tanzania has a youth population of 10 million, but only one in 4 attends secondary school.
Even those who go to school contend with absentee teachers, language barriers, lack of materials, and a negative environment.
Tumaini schools aim to offer a viable alternative to the country and its children.
- After 12 years, Tumaini Junior School has almost 900 pupils and is home to 300.
- TJS consistently places in the top 4% of schools in Tanzania.
- Over 97% of its graduates attend secondary school.
- Located in the neighboring village of Makuyuni, TSSS opened on January 18, 2016 with 46 students in Form I.
- TSSS aims to be a model for STEM education in Tanzania and students will learn skills such as computer programming.